Saving Money for Valentines Day is More Simple than You Thought
Everyone loves getting gifts on Valentines Day and sharing their love with that special someone. But not everyone loves having to pay an arm and a leg to do so. The good news is however, when it comes to Valentines Day there are a lot of tips and tricks so that you can still have a great holiday and not spend a ton of money in the process. Here is a list of compiled suggestions to help you start saving money for Valentines Day.
1. How about music. Make a cd of favorite love songs for your special someone.
2. Fill a basket with favorite bath oils, creams, body wash, etc. These items can be purchased for a $1 and under at your local dollar store.
3. Why not get out and spend time with one another. A good suggestion if it’s snowing, try going sledding and having a hot cup of cocoa with each other afterwards. This allows you to spend more quality time with one another.
4. Look for Contests! There are always a ton of contests and free giveaways for Valentine’s Day. Keep an eye out prior to the day as they always start before Valentine’s Day actually gets’s here. And remember if you’re skeptical, you can’t win anything if you don’t try.
5. Try Romantic Gestures. A back rub, breakfast in bed, foot massage and a romantic meal, these are all free and usually warmly welcomed from your loved one.
6. Remind them. Place little post it notes around the house letting them know why you love them. Perhaps send a romantic text during the day as well letting them know.
7. Curl up on the couch together and do absolutely nothing all day but spend time together.
8. Rewatch your favorite movie together as a couple
9. Take a walk on the beach, or simply around your neighborhood. On the plus side fresh air is always a welcomed benefit as well.
10. IOU Cards, or coupons: Such as I owe you one time at washing the dishes, giving you a back rub, doing the laundry, etc. I can tell you that these would be wonderful for husbands (boyfriends) to give their ladies.
With a little bit of time and creativity you can spend honestly absolutely nothing at all on Valentine’s Day and still have a wonderful holiday. Valentine’s Day is about showing the other person you love them and just how much, who said it has to be a fancy ring, or necklace?