Do you have a cat? Has it gotten expensive to feed your furry little friend, not to mention you never actually know what all is in the store bought foods. Well here are some easy and inexpensive homemade cat food recipes for you to try. Not only will your cat thank you, but your wallet will too!
This is a super easy 2 ingredient recipe
- 2 cups or 480 mL of macaroni
- 2 chicken thigh fillets
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and simmer the chicken thighs for around 5 minutes, Remove from the heat, cool and chop them up.
- Cook the macaroni until it is tender and cool it down.
- Blend both ingredients in a food processor, you can add in a few drops of vegetable oil to help the food mix if needed.
Homemade Cat Food: Cat Hash Brown Recipe
Serves roughly 2 to 3 cats
- 1 cup or 240 mL of minced ground beef
- 3/4 cup or 180 mL of cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup or 120 mL of brown rice (cooked)
- Mix all the ingredients together nicely and serve to your cat!
Homemade Cat Food: Deluxe Fish Balls Recipe
Makes 1-2 meals
- Small can of tuna fish in oil
- 2 tbl or 30 mL of bread crumbs or even oatmeal
- 1 egg beaten up
- 3 tbl or 45 mL of grated cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Mash up all the ingredients into a nice paste
- Shape the ingredients into balls and place them on a baking tray (make sure to grease it)
- Bake the balls for 20 minutes, make sure to check frequently, they should be golden brown and firm
- Cool before serving
I’d LOVE to Hear from YOU!
If you tried this recipe, please let me know how it turned out for you. Or if you have one to share, I’d LOVE to hear about it. I always love reading your comments and hearing from you.
If you enjoyed this article here are a few more that are right up your alley!